Having grown up in Canada, I’m convinced that there’s no better place to celebrate the holiday season. After all, letters to Santa from children around the world are sent to the North Pole through Canada Post! So, when I heard about WinterFest at Canada’s Wonderland, I had to share the news with you!
My very first amazing visit to the park was more than 30 years ago. It was even more thrilling when I rode the majestic, world record-breaking Yukon Striker roller coaster just this summer. Now, Canada’s Wonderland (located just outside Toronto) is being transformed into a winter wonderland for an immersive, holiday event for guests of all ages.
WinterFest 2019 Activities
The bad news — you won’t be getting on the Yukon Striker during WinterFest. It’s Canada, so it’s going to be cold and wet/snowy this time of year. You can’t have roller coasters and thrill rides running in that kind of weather!
The good news — there will be more than 30 holiday attractions for you and your family to enjoy at Canada’s Wonderland! Experience the nightly tree-lighting ceremony. Go ice skating on Snow Flake Lake in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain. Take in one of the holiday shows. There’s so much to do!
Want something a little more hands-on? Do some cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus (yum!). Create keepsakes at Sally’s Christmas Crafts (so sweet!). Or… head over to the North Pole Post Office to write a letter to Santa!!! See? I told you that being in Canada gives you direct access to Jolly Old St. Nick!
To add to the whimsy, guests can explore eight beautifully-themed WinterFest worlds. Stroll through the North Pole, Tinsel Town, Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town, Elf Village, Candy Cane Lane, International Street and Season of Lights. Don’t forget the Christmas Market. There, you’ll find unique, artisan gifts and festive foods. Take me there right now!
You can also enjoy live entertainment at WinterFest including:
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: An upbeat musical telling the story of Tinker the Elf. After sudden changes in Santa’s Workshop put his beloved old-fashioned toy-making in jeopardy, Tinker must find a way to make things right.
- Cool Yule Christmas: Sing along to covers of all your favorite Christmas pop songs during this high-energy show.
- What the Dickens?!: The WinterFest cast breaths new life into holiday classic, ‘A Christmas Carol’.
- The Mistletones: A bubbly trio brings a 1950s vibe to classic Christmas tunes.
- A PEANUTS Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in this enjoyable sing-along celebrating the most wonderful time of the year!
Experience Winterfest at Canada’s Wonderland
Ready to go? From November 22-December 31, 2019, you’ll be able to experience the enchantment of Winterfest at Canada’s Wonderland. Let’s your eyes be dazzled by more than five million holiday lights, countless festive decorations, and three 50-foot Christmas trees! Honestly, is there a better way to get into the spirit of the season?
As General Manager, Norm Pirtovshek, warmly states, “This is Canada’s Wonderland like you’ve never seen it before. WinterFest will be one of the country’s most spectacular winter events where friends and families can create memories and new traditions during the holiday season.”
Best of all, guests can receive free admission to WinterFest this year when they purchase a 2020 GOLD Pass. Incredibly, it includes all the benefits of a Season Pass plus unlimited visits to Halloween Haunt and WinterFest in 2020! Talk about planning ahead! All for as low as $99.99 or 11 easy online payments of $9.09. That’s a steal! Plus, it makes a great holiday gift for the theme park enthusiast on your list!
WINTERFEST FUN FACTS
Canada’s Wonderland is being transformed into a magical, winter wonderland for WinterFest – an all-new, immersive holiday experience taking place on select dates Nov. 22 to Dec. 31. Preparations are well underway!
- 800 live trees are being strung with energy efficient lights
- 15 km of ribbon is being used to decorate
- 450 artificial Christmas trees are being decorated and placed throughout the park
- 5 million energy efficient LED lights are being strung on trees and displays
- 240 feet x 80 feet (73 metres x 24 metres) = the size of Snow Flake Lake, the skating rink at Canada’s Wonderland (that’s larger than your standard NHL rink!)
- 200,000 decorations are being placed on trees, wreaths and garlands
- 50 feet (15 metres) = the height of our three largest Christmas trees
- 100 entertainers are being hired for our live performances and shows
- 200 costumes are being tailored
- 5 stores are undergoing complete WinterFest transformations
For the full list of shows and attractions, operating hours and tickets, visit the official WinterFest site!
Images courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland